1 (16 ounce) package Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Regular Sausage
½ cup salted butter
2 cups diced onion
2 cups diced celery
1 (8 ounce) package sliced mushrooms
1 teaspoon dried sage
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cups crumbled sweet cornbread
3 slices day-old bread, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup chicken broth
- Step 1 Set an oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven’s broiler.
- Step 2 Add sausage to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir with a spatula, breaking apart the sausage until cooked, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Step 3 Melt butter in the same skillet. Cook onion and celery, stirring constantly, until onion is soft and translucent, 8 to 10 minutes. Add mushrooms and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more. Season with sage, salt, and pepper. Stir in sausage, cornbread, bread cubes, and chicken broth.
- Step 4 Transfer stuffing to a 2-quart baking dish.
- Step 5 Broil in the preheated oven until the top is toasted and starts to brown, 2 to 4 minutes.
Source : www.allrecipes.com